Read the official news here: https://news.microsoft.com/de-ch/2019/08/28/the-microsoft-cloud-switzerland-is-up-and-running/
The two Microsoft cloud datacenters in the regions Zurich (Switzerland North) and Geneva (Switzerland West) are up and running! As of now, Microsoft offers data residency for security and control along with redundancy across the Zurich and Geneva areas. While Azure and Office 365 are anticipated to be available in Switzerland in the coming months, Dynamics 365 and Power Platform are expected to come in 2020.
‘For us, the Microsoft Cloud Data Centers are an investment in Switzerland – for Switzerland. In conversations with our customers, it became very clear that local data storage is extremely important for them. We are very proud that we are now able to guarantee that.’Marianne Janik, General Manager of Microsoft Switzerland
The demand for the Microsoft Cloud in Switzerland has been proven high, coming from all sizes of organizations and across all industries. The new Swiss datacenters help organizations comply with regulatory requirements, as it achieves in-country disaster recovery with geo-redundancy.
The Swiss Microsoft Cloud Early Adopters
Microsoft Azure services are now available for a selection of Early Adopters, which comprises more than 30 customers and partner organizations. Why are they deploying the Swiss Microsoft Cloud?
- UBS Group: The world’s largest wealth manager is using the cloud to modernize some core business applications, leverage digital channels on a global level and enable their digital transformation.
- Swiss Re Group: The Swiss reinsurance organization uses the cloud to deploy innovative solutions, to process data and to operate critical applications.
- Die Mobiliar: The Swiss oldest private insurance company deploys the Microsoft cloud to increase scalability, security, performance and stability of its IT systems and applications.
- BKW Group, the international energy and infrastructure sets on technologies such as Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things and Blockchain to overcome the challenges of the energy sector, such as energy efficiency in buildings. The new datacenters enable them to stay compliant and store the data securely in Switzerland.
- Skyguide: with the Cloud, the Swiss air navigation service provider is able to scale air traffic control to millions of drones and support the growth of the ecosystem through its integration with other applications.
- City of Zug: as the city administration requires data to be stored within the Swiss national borders, deploying Office 365 in the cloud now became possible.
How can you move to the Swiss datacenters?
Was data residency keeping you from deploying your SAP landscape in the cloud? Now this is not an issue anymore! Start planning your SAP on Azure migration now with us.
We want to calculate your individual SAP on Azure business case for you – all we need for that is the details of your SAP landscape, by filling in the following excel template: http://www.saponazure.cloud/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/06/SAP_System_Questionnaire_v1.4.xlsx with this information, we are able to tell you how much it will cost.